I installed the script but my widget isn't showing
If you have successfully installed the script, but you can't see the widget on your page, this could be for a number of reasons. Make sure to check the following:
1. The consultants have their working hours saved
When adding a user, the working hours are automatically set to 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. If no consultants are available at a given time, the widget will not display on your website, unless you set it to show in scheduling mode in Targeting >> Behavior >> Advanced settings.
2. The time zone in your settings is correct
If you are in a time zone different than CET (Central European Time), make sure to adjust the settings accordingly (Settings >> General >> Time zone). If the widget displays at between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CET, you won't be able to see it in the US at those times of day.
3. Completed Targeting section
Make sure that under Targeting you have:
- specified the relevant rules for URLs where widget should be displayed
- selected which widget should be displayed to the group
- selected a consultant
Note: If you are on the free version, you won't be able to access the targeting section. However, the user will be automatically added to targeting. Keep in mind though, that adding new users in the User section will not add them in the targeting group. So if you delete the first user, the widget will stop showing - contact us for assistance.
If the script is installed and all the LiveCall settings listed above are configured, perhaps the problem lies in your browser. LiveCall runs on the newest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Edge. Make sure you don't block pop-ups.
You may want to run the debugging mode in your console on your browser. Here's how to do it for Chrome:
- Go to your page, right-click on it:
- Select "Inspect element" and open the Console.
- Paste the following: localStorage.livecallDebugMode = true and press enter.
- Now refresh the page and see if the widget shows. If there is an error in the Console you can send us a screenshot and we hope to help you fix it!
If you tried all of the above and your widget is still not showing, shoot us a message on chat or at email@example.com.